Positioning Systems Research (PSR) is a California corporation providing IT programming and consulting services to Government and commercial organizations. PSR specializes in delivering design, development, test, and rollout of IT Service Management systems for Help Desk ticketing and Asset tracking.
Equipment and Environments
Multi-platform environments including UNIX and Microsoft based servers and workstations as well as database experience with Oracle and MS SQL.
- BMC Software, Inc. Remedy AR System Help Desk, Change, and Asset Management
- System Architecture, IT Services, System Integration, Programming and Consulting.
Contract: Seaport-e – Seaport Enhanced
Services: Software development, support and maintenance
Prime Contract N00178-14-D-7452
Contract: NESS – Naval Electronic Surveillance Systems
Services: Software support and maintenance
Subcontractor to Serco, Inc. Contract N66001-07-D-0018
NAICS: 517910, 541330, 541511, 541512, 541513, 541519
PSC: D302, D306, D307, D308, D309, D315
SIC: 7371, 7373, 7376, 7379
NAVFAC, Washington Navy Yard, Washington, D.C.
Anti-Terrorism / Force Protection (ATFP), August 2007 to Present; Contract value $600,000.
Subcontractor to Serco, Inc. performing system upgrades and customizations utilizing BMC Software, Inc. Remedy Action Request System and IT Service Management. All work performed onsite in San Diego, CA at SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific.
- Architected and built project management module complete with execution and sustainment contractor information, Program Management Support Roles, Project lifecycle information, Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL), Program Deviation Requests (PDR), Help Desk Case Waiver Requests and email notifications.
- The ATFP Project Management module functions seamlessly with the BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) system incorporating out of box Help Desk, Asset, and Change forms with custom forms and processes.
- Maintain separation of data between ATFP program subcontractors with out of box and custom programming.
- Architected code interface using Java calls from ATFP Remedy to the ATFP Information Module (AIM), a MS SharePoint system, allowing CDRLs to be loaded to directory shares for AIM users.
- Built extensive custom PDR approval processes tailored to the specific needs of the Program office.
- Completed the BMC Remedy software upgrade from ITSM 6 to ITSM 7.6.04 to keep current with BMC standards and conforming to other Navy based Remedy systems.
- Preserved the integrity of the out of box Remedy system following industry best practices and allowing for continued support by replacement Remedy Administrators and Developers.
- Developed solution to allow execution contractors to submit CDRLs for Projects in Sustainment status.
- Currently working with SPAWAR to connect ATFP Remedy to the Navy’s Shared Data Environment (SDE). This will allow for the electronic transfer of help desk break-fix tickets from remote Help Desks and Remedy systems within the network.
SPAWAR Systems Center Pacific
Sector Command Center – Joint U.S. Coast Guard and U.S. Navy (SCCJ), August 2007 to Present Contract value $150,000.
As a subcontractor to Serco, Inc., PSR has been the primary contact and developer for the Sector Command Center – Joint (SCC-J) US Navy and US Coast Guard Remedy system.
- Developed custom Asset Preventive Maintenance Module for scheduling routine maintenance complete with notifications, Change Requests, and Task assignments.
- Developed email interface with Network monitoring tools for automated ticket generation and notification.
- Worked with SPAWAR to configure and maintain connectivity to the Navy’s Shared Data Environment (SDE).
USMC Quantico, VA
Marine Corps Enterprise Information Technology Services (MCEITS), September – November 2006, value (approx.) $20,000.
As a subcontractor to Portal Dynamics, Inc., worked with the initial system requirements and installation of BMC Remedy ITSM
- Attended initial system requirements meetings with customer for both hardware and software
- Installed initial BMC Remedy system on HP Linux servers.
SAIC Headquarters, San Diego, CA
BMC Remedy ITSM upgrade, November 2006 – July 2007, Contract value $55,000.
As a subcontractor to Tek Systems for SAIC, performed system upgrade.
- Configured and system email notification system
- Worked with web team with Remedy interface to SAP system
- With Team developed go live schedule and tasking.
USN, North Island Naval Base, Coronado, CA
Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), March 2000 – April 2003, Contract value $300,000.
As 1099 independent subcontractor to ABBtech Staffing Services, Washington, D.C. worked on the initial system requirements and installation of BMC Remedy ITSM.
- Completed initial system install with vendor on Sun Solaris system.
- Worked with Oracle and network team to establish data replication between east and west coast NOCs.